Last weekend, my husband and I decided to check out Holidays on the Square, an annual open house of small businesses in Logan Square. In it's second year, this event involved dozens of Logan Square shops and restaurants offering deals and free samples. We shared a slice of rich and creamy mint chocolate chip pie offered by Bang Bang Pie Shop in a pop-up shop at Shop 1021. We drank spiked hot chocolate and sang Christmas carols with the staff at Letizia's Fiore. One of the highlights of the day was stopping by the brand new space of Scrumptious Pantry. Located at 3230 W. Fullerton, this space serves as their office and occasional event space. Last Saturday, it was open to the public and was offering free samples. My favorite was the brie on crackers, drizzled with their delicious balsamic dressing sauce. My husband loved a mixture of pickled beets and feta spread on toast. We also sampled their Heirloom Tomato Catsup "Smoky" with cranberries and chipotle and decided to take some home with us. Less sweet and more complex than your average ketchup, I decided to try Scrumptious Pantry Tomato Catsup tossed with roasted potatoes. I served with my Black Bean Burgers for a tasty meal.
You can purchase Scrumptious Pantry products, including their three catsups, at their website.
Roasted Potatoes with Scrumptious Pantry Catsup
4-6 medium red potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Scrumptious Pantry Tomato Catsup "Smoky"
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks, leaving the skin on.
3. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Toss with 1/3 cup Scrumptious Pantry Cranberry Chipotle Catsup.
6. Return to oven and roast for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
7. Serve with more catsup.