Black Bean Burger
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons finely diced onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 dinner rolls
2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. With a potato masher, mash black beans into a rough paste.
3. Add corn meal, bread crumbs, diced onion, egg, and spices. Stir to combine.
4. Form bean mixture into two patties.
5. Cook patties at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip and cook 10 minutes more. During last 3 minutes of cooking, top patties with cheese.
6. Put patty on roll. Top with avocado, onion, and watercress.