When I'm trying to make a meal for my meat-loving husband, but I'm just not in the mood for meat, pasta with chicken is a great option. The chicken is easily prepared on a skillet and can be tossed on individual servings. That way, I can add chicken to his dish and keep mine vegetarian.
Creamy Goat Cheese Tomato Penne with Chicken
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups penne pasta
1 chicken breast
2 oz goat cheese
1/2 of an onion, diced
2 tablespoons butter, divided
Salt and pepper
1. Boil pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon each into 2 skillets
3. In the first skillet, add chicken breast. Cover with salt and pepper.
4. Cook chicken in butter until golden brown and cooked through.
5. In second skillet, add onion and saute until translucent.
6. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper to onions. Cook until chicken and pasta are done, about 10 minutes.
7. Add goat cheese to sauce and remove from heat.
8. Toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken.