Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baked Penne Pasta

When I'm feeling lazy, I make baked pasta with a pre-shredded Italian cheese mix for this recipe. I'll serve with with a Caesar salad kit from the store. When I'm feeling more ambitious, I'll shred the cheese myself for a better flavor and make my own salad. Sometimes I make my own pasta sauce too. Regardless, it's hard to go wrong with this classic recipe.




Baked Penne Pasta
Serves 6

1/2 pound penne pasta
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jar marinara sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper

1. Boil water. Add pasta and cook 2 minutes less than package directions.
2. Combine all other ingredients together, reserving some cheese.
3. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cook at 375 for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printer Friendly