2-3 cups chicken broth
1 cup arborio rice
1/4 cup white wine
4 carrots, pealed and diced
1/4 of an onion, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Rosemary and chives, or whatever fresh herbs you have on hand
1. Melt butter over medium heat and add onions and carrots. Saute about 10 minutes, until onions are translucent.
2. Add rice and saute for about 2 minutes.
3. Add wine to rice mixture. Cook until wine is absorbed.
4. Add about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook until broth is absorbed.
5. Continue added broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally.
6. When rice is fully cooked, remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and top with fresh herbs.
|Enjoy the rest of the wine with your dinner.|