My mom likes to make this White Chicken Chili in the Crockpot for a crowd. This version is made on the stove. Serve with cornbread.
White Chicken Chili
1/4 cup onions, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can chicken broth
1 can great northern beans
1 cup corn
1 cup diced chicken (can be leftover cooked chicken or raw)
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon red pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Heat large pan over medium heat. Add olive oil. Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add garlic and saute one minute.
3. Add chicken broth, beans, corn, and chicken. Bring to a low boil.
4. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes. Chili should get thick.
5. Add cumin, red pepper, and juice of one lime.
6. Serve topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.