Thursday, January 19, 2012

Arugula Pesto

Whenever I buy a bag of arugula, I tend to use half the bag for a salad and not have a use for the rest. Here's an interesting twist on pesto that lets me use up my leftover arugula. Arugula pesto can be mixed into warm pasta, spread on bread, or used as the base for a pizza.



Arugula Pesto
Makes 1/2 a cup of pesto

1 cup arugula
1/4 cup basil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, pealed
1 tablespoon walnuts

1. In a food processor, coarsely chop walnuts.
2. Add arugula, basil, and garlic and pulse several times.
3. Add Parmesan and pulse several more times.
4. Drizzle in olive oil while pulsing. Be careful not to overuse the food processor. Pesto should be combined, but not completely pureed. 


2 comments:

  1. So does it taste mostly like arugula, or mostly like basil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like Arugula, I'd say. Though I'm not even sure I got a fourth a cup of basil into this pesto. My basil is in a very sorry state right now. January has not been kind to our herbs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printer Friendly