2 chicken breasts
1 medium onion
4 tablespoons milk, divided
1/2 cup bread crumbs, divided
1/2 cup corn meal, divided
2 teaspoons red pepper, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
2 teaspoons oregano, divided
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Barbecue sauce, for serving
1. Cut chicken breast into strips.
2. Whisk together 1 egg and 2 tablespoons milk in bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir together 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/ 4 cup corn meal, 1 teaspoon red pepper, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and pepper in another bowl.
4. Add vegetable oil to large baking dish. Spread oil to coat entire bottom of dish.
5. Take each chicken strip. First dredge in egg mixture. Then put in bread crumb mixture and roll to coat all sides of chicken strip. Place chicken strip on baking dish. Repeat with remaining strips.
6. Slice onion into large rings.
7. Prepare 2 more bowls, similar to chicken tenders. In one bowl, whisk together remaining egg, milk, salt, and pepper. In other bowl, stir together remaining bread crumbs, corn meal, red pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
8. Dredge each onion ring into egg mixture and then coat with bread crumb mixture.
9. Place onion rings on same pan as chicken strips.
10. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip over chicken strips and onion rings.
11. Bake 10 minutes more.
12. Serve with barbecue sauce.