Italian Pepper Sandwich
1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 small can tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
4 slices of salami (optional)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic power
Salt and pepper
1 long baguette, cut into 4 pieces
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute green pepper for about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste, red wine, sugar, oregano, red pepper, garlic power, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
3. Cover and cook about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Top each piece of baguette with salami, mozzarella, and peppers. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.