Friday, January 21, 2011

Shoestring Roasted Veggies

Last month, I bought a Groupon for Organics Delivered, an organic food delivery company. For $30, Organics Delivered drops off 2 deliveries of a variety of fruits and vegetables to your home. The photo below shows my first delivery. I'll be doing some recipe experimenting to find creative ways to use all the fruits and vegetables I received.


The first recipe I created used the interesting shaped squash I received. Substitute any hard winter squash available.


Shoestring Roasted Veggies
Serves 2

1 sweet potato
1 potato
1 hard winter squash, any variety
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper

1. Slice vegetables thinly, as shown below.
2. Mix vegetables, olive oil, and spices together.
3. Roast at 400 degrees, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printer Friendly