Southwest Turkey Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries
Makes 2 sandwiches
1/4 pound thinly sliced oven roasted turkey
2 slices pepper jack cheese
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
4 thick slices of bakery bread
2 tablespoons mayonnaise with olive oil
2 tablespoons of chipotle chili powder, divided
1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into wedges. Make sure slices are similar in size so that they will cook evenly. Leave skins on for more nutrients and a richer flavor.
3. Mix sweet potatoes with olive oil, 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder, and generous salt.
4. Cook 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are browned, but not burnt.
5. Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, juice of 1 lime, and 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder. Spread chipotle mayonnaise onto 4 slices of bakery bread.
6. On 2 slices of bread, top with chicken, cheese, and sliced tomato. Do not top with other slice of bread.
7. Put 4 slices of bread into oven with the sweet potato fries. Cook until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, about 5 minutes.
8. Remove sandwiches and fries from oven. Top open face sandwich with avocado and other slice of bread. Serve.