Classic French Onion Soup
1 small red onion, sliced
1 can beef broth
2 thick slices of crusty bread
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon black pepper
|The crucial ingredient in this meal--red onion--was part of the food delivery I received earlier in the week from Organics Delivered. I've been cooking with these delicious fruits and vegetables all week.|
2. Add onions and sautee about 5 minutes.
3. Add white wine and stir frequently, until wine is absorbed.
4. Add beef broth, rosemary, and black pepper. Cook about 15 minutes.
5. Divide soup between two oven proof bowls, leaving room at the top.
6. Top soup with bread and shredded cheese.
7. Broil until cheese is golden brown, about 5 minutes.