Every once and a while, I want to make a seriously indulgent breakfast. These Cinnamon-Pear Waffles were rich, sweet, and tasty. A waffle iron is needed for this recipe.
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking power
2 teaspoons and 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1 pear, sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1. Combine flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons sugar, and salt.
2. Add egg, butter, and milk. Stir until just combined.
3. Heat waffle iron.
4. Meanwhile combine pear, 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer about 10 minutes. If necessary, add 1 teaspoon corn starch to thicken.
5. Cooking waffle according to waffle iron directions. My waffle iron makes 1 giant waffle my husband and I split.
6. Top waffle with pear mixture and powdered sugar.