Roasted Pepper and Tomatillo Roll Up
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons white sugar
2 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup corn meal
2 poblano peppers
4 tomatillos, husks removed
1 jalapeno pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Mix yeast, water, and sugar together. Let stand about 10 minutes, until mixture has bubbles.
2. In a food processor fitted with a dough hook, mix yeast mixture with bread flour, salt, and olive oil until just combined.
3. Put dough in a bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise until dough doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile broil peppers and tomatillos on high heat for ten minutes. Remove tomatillos and jalapeno. Continue broiling poblanos until skin is blackened. Let cool.
5. Peal skin off of poblanos. Dice. Remove seeds from jalapenos and dice. Dice tomatillos. Mix vegetables in bowl.
6. Sprinkle working surface with corn meal. Roll out dough into long rectangle. Top with vegetable mixture and cheese, leaving 1 inch of space on each end of the dough.
7. Carefully roll up dough to form a long rectangle. Press edges of dough down to seal.
8. Beat egg and 1 tablespoon cold water. Brush egg wash on dough.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and slice.