Chili and Sweet Potato Soup
1 sweet potato, pealed and diced
2 dried chili peppers, such as Anaheim chilies
1/2 of an onion, diced
2 cups chicken, vegetable, or beef broth
2 tablespoons half and half
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion until translucent.
2. Meanwhile, remove stems and seeds from chili peppers. Cut into small pieces. Add chilies and sweet potatoes to onions. Cook stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
3. Add broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In blender, blend sweet potato mixture. Return to pot and swirl in half and half.
5. Serve with sourdough bread.