Since I don't like my food really spicy, a can of chipotle chili peppers lasts me a while. That's why I've been posting chipotle recipes all week! Chipotle's have a smoky spicy flavor that enhances many dishes. Here I added chipotles to barbeque chicken pizza and used pepper jack cheese for an extra kick.
Basic Pizza Dough
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons white sugar
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup corn meal
1. Mix yeast, water, and sugar together. Let stand about 10 minutes, until mixture has bubbles.
2. In a food processor fitted with a dough hook, mix yeast mixture with all other ingredients until just combined.
3. Put dough in a bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise until dough doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle corn meal on surface. Roll out dough until desired shape.
Barbeque Chipotle Chicken Pizza
Basic pizza dough
1 cup shredded cooked chicken (I used a store bought roasted chicken)
Chipotles in adobo
1/2 cup barbeque sauce
1/2 of a red pepper, diced
1/2 of a yellow pepper, diced
1/2 of a red onion, diced
1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
1. Mince two chipotle peppers. Add one to the barbeque sauce, along with two tablespoons adobo. Set other chipotle aside.
2. Top rolled out dough with chipotle barbeque sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
3. Top pizza with chicken, peppers, onions, and reserved minced chipotle.
4. Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.