Fettuccine in a Blue Cheese and Pear Sauce
8 ounces fettuccine
4 ounces blue cheese
1 pear, pealed and diced
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 of a white onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper
1. Heat butter over low heat.
2. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
4. Add flour and stir until mixed in.
5. Add milk and increase heat to medium. Cook until simmering, about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil a large pot of water. Add salt and cook pasta according to package directions.
7. To the milk, add blue cheese, pear, sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
8. Once cheese is melted, pour mixture into blender and puree.
9. Return sauce to pan and reheat.
10. Combine sauce with pasta and top with fresh chives.