This recipe was inspired by Chipotle's Chicken Fajita Burrito, but it ended up tasting nothing like it. As far as I can tell, nothing on Chipotle's menu actually has chipotles. This recipe is a much healthier burrito using real chipotles for flavor. For the chicken, I bought a whole roasted chicken and shredded the breast meat.
Chipotle Chicken Fajita Burrito
2 burrito size flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast, warmed
1 corn on the cob
1 small tomato
1/2 of a red pepper
1/2 of a yellow pepper
1/4 of a red onion
Canned chipotles in adobo sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cut peppers and red onion into fajita-style strips.
2. Dice 1 chipotle pepper, or more if you like spicier burritos.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers, onions, and chipotle.
4. Meanwhile, cut corn off cob. Add another diced chipotle pepper and one tablespoon adobo sauce. Add juice of half of the lime.
5. Mash avocado. Dice tomato and add to avocado. Season with salt and other half of lime.
6. Dice some head lettuce.
7. Heat tortilla on a dry skillet or over an open flame.
8. To tortilla, add half of chicken, corn mixture, avocado mixture, fajita peppers and onions, cheese, and lettuce.
9. Fold over ends of tortilla and roll into a burrito.
10. Repeat with other tortilla.
11. Serve with watermelon, if desired.