I was first introduced to stuffed mini peppers at my godmother's wedding. They make an elegant appetizer. Be warned--these are a bit tedious and time consuming to assemble. I think they are definitely worth it.
Mini Peppers Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese
10 mini peppers, assorted colors
5 ounce goat cheese log
Fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, chives, thyme, or sage
Cracked black pepper
1. Let goat cheese sit out about 10 minutes to soften. Mix with herbs and pepper.
2. Cut top of peppers almost all the way through, leaving top slightly attached.
3. Carefully remove seeds from inside the peppers.
4. Stuff each pepper with 1/10 of the goat cheese mixture.
5. Press top back on pepper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.