Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vegetable Sandwich on Multigrain Bread

I often see versions of this sandwich in cafes. This recipe is also good with hummus in place of the cream cheese. I used micro arugula I bought from a farm called Tiny Greens at the Logan Square Farmer's Market, but you can substitute sprouts.


Vegetable Sandwich on Multigrain Bread
Serves 2

4 thick slices of multigrain bread
1 tomato, sliced
1 small cucumber, sliced
1 avocado. sliced
Spouts (I used micro arugula I found at the farmer's market. Yum.)
2 slices mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons cream cheese
Fresh herbs, such basil, parsley, or chives, minced
Cracked black pepper

1. Mix cream cheese with herbs and black pepper.
2. Spread cream cheese on bread and top with other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printer Friendly