I marinated this chicken overnight to bring out the flavor. I served this with a Corn Salad with Jalapeno Dressing and black beans.
Citrus Chicken with Peppers and Onions
2 large chicken breasts
2 talespoons finely diced red onion
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1/2 of a red onion, sliced
1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
Cooked rice, for serving
1. For marinade, combine juice of one orange and one lime with diced red onion, garlic, cumin, red pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and let marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Heat remaining olive oil on grill pan or other pan over medium heat.
3. Add chicken, onion, and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned on one side, 5 to 10 minutes. Flip chicken.
4. Continue cooking chicken until cooked all the way through and both sides are browned.
5. Remove chicken from heat and cut up.
6. Top rice with sliced chicken, peppers, and onions.