This spinach lasagna is one of my husband's favorites. This is a time-consuming recipe, but there are plenty of shortcuts you can use to make it easier. While I prefer fresh spinach and cheese I shred myself in lasagna, I usually use jarred pasta sauce and no-bake noodles to make assembly time faster. Regardless, it's still delicious!
1 box no-bake lasagna noodles
1 jar marinara sauce
5 ounces chopped fresh or frozen spinach
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded. Reserve 1 ounce.
4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 15 ounce container of low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 of an onion, diced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add spinach and cook about 10 minutes more.
3. Combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach mixture, basil oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. In a large baking dish, spread some of the pasta sauce. Top with one layer of noodles. Add 1/3 of cheese mixture. Top with pasta sauce and repeat layering, ending with remaining pasta sauce.
5. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove tin foil, top with remaining cheese and cook 15 more minutes.