Bruschetta is one of the first dishes I learned how to make out of my very first cook book Vegetarian Dinner In Minutes. I think the first recipe I ever learned for bruschetta is still the best. This recipe lets the flavor of garlic and tomatoes shine.
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 garlic clove cut in half
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Slice baguette.
2. Rub garlic half over both sides of each baguette slice.
3. Lay bread out on a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine crushed garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and generous salt and pepper.
5. Turn bread slices over. Top with tomato mixture, including the liquid.
6. Bake at 350 degrees 5 minutes more.