I was in the mood for pizza but didn't have any tomatoes in the house. This pizza sauce uses roasted red peppers instead of tomatoes as a base.
Basic Pizza Dough
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons white sugar
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
1. Mix yeast, water, and sugar together. Let stand about 10 minutes, until mixture has bubbles.
2. In a food processor fitted with a dough hook, mix yeast mixture with all other ingredients until just combined.
3. Put dough in a bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise until dough doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
4. Sprinkle flour on surface. Roll out dough until desired shape.
Roasted Red Pepper "Margarita" Pizza
Serves 4 to 6
Basic pizza dough
2 roasted red peppers
1 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup red onions, sliced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper
1. Puree red peppers with oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Top pizza dough with red pepper sauce, two cheeses, and onions.
3. Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and top with basil.