These simple crostini are enhanced by the flavor of lemon zest. To make these, I picked up a sesame baguette from the lovely French bakery La Boulangerie near my home in Logan Square.
Arugula and Ricotta Crostini
Makes 10 Pieces
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Zest from one lemon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
Handful of arugula
10 slices of fresh baguette
Salt and pepper
1. Place bread slices in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
3. Remove bread from oven. Flip pieces over.
4. With pastry brush, brush each piece of bread with olive oil.
5. Spread ricotta mixture on each slice.
6. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
7. Top each piece with a few arugula leaves.