This recipe was inspired by a recipe in the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Living. I love that this recipe uses three different kinds of peas, fresh mint, and crisp apples. It's perfect for these early days of spring.
Three Pea and Apple Salad
1 cup fresh English peas
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup snow peas
1 gala apple, or other crisp red variety
1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
Fresh mint leaves
Juice from 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add three types of peas to boiling water for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add ice to large bowl of water. After peas have been cooking for 3 minutes, immediately drain and shock peas in ice water bath. Leave peas in ice water as you prepare the rest of the salad.
4. Thinly slice apples. To achieve the rounded apple look in my picture, slice the apple on its side on a mandolin.
5. When peas are cool, drain from ice water.
6. Toss together peas, apples, goat cheese, walnuts, fresh mint leaves, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.