I love using my slower cooker to prepare chicken dishes. I don't have to do much handling of raw meat and I can be confident that the chicken is cooked through, but not dried out. This easy chicken recipe can be prepared in the morning or afternoon to be ready in time for dinner. The sandwich pairs wonderfully with crispy chipotle oven fries.
Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
2 pieces chicken breast (fresh or frozen)
1/2 of an onion, sliced
1 cup of barbecue sauce
1. Place chicken and onions in slow cooker. Top with enough barbecue sauce to cover chicken.
2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours.
3. About 1 hour before you're ready to eat, remove fully cooked breasts. Shred meat using a fork and return to slow cooker. Cook for 1 more hour.
4. Serve on buns with oven fries.
Chipotle Oven Fries
2 large potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1. Slice potatoes into thick wedges.
2. Combine with olive oil and chipotle chili powder.
|I use my hands to mix the potatoes to ensure all potatoes are coated in olive oil and spices.|