Spinach and Artichoke dip is one of my favorite appetizers to order in a restaurant. Serve it at a party with slices of bread, crackers, or pita chips.
1 8 ounce package of frozen spinach, let sit at room temperature for half and hour
1 4 ounce can of artichokes, drained
1/2 of a white onion, diced
4 ounces of light cream cheese
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, plus more for top
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add spinach and saute about 10 minutes. If spinach is still slightly frozen, it will defrost in the pan.
4. Add spinach mixture, artichokes, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese, and ground red pepper to food processor or blender. Pulse until mixture is mixed, but there are still chunks of artichokes and spinach left.
5. Transfer mixture to pretty baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and diced red pepper.
6. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until slightly browned and bubbly.
7. Serve in baking dish with slices of bread, crackers, or pita chips.