After I finished this recipe, I found myself wishing I'd made twice as much. The recipe that follows makes four crepes, but you may want to adjust based on how hungry you are. Making crepes from scratch is a time consuming process. Make this on a night you're feeling ambitious. It's worth it!
Olive Oil Crepes
Makes 4 large crepes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for making crepes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Combine in a bowl and mix until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Add 1/4 of batter to pan. Quickly tilt pan so that batter coats bottom of pan. Cook until crepe bubbles and bottom is slightly browned.
5. Repeat with remaining 3 crepes. Keep crepes warm in oven heated to 250 degrees.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
Sprinkle of Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 thick slices of onion
2 bay leaves
1. Add olive oil to small sauce pan. Whisk in flour until well blended.
2. Remove from the heat and whisk in milk.
3. Return to heat and bring to a simmer. Add nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and bay leaves. Whisk frequently.
4. Remove bay leaves and onion before serving.
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 ounce goat cheese
1/2 a white onion, diced
2 roasted red and yellow peppers, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add red and yellow peppers, cottage cheese, goat cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat until warm.