I served this with a lovely side salad of mango, avocado, and tomatoes, as well as some roasted sweet potatoes.
1 can mild green chilis
1/4 an onion, diced
2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
4 corn tortillas
1. Peal and dice chayote, discarding pit.
2. Add chayote to pot of boiling water and cook 10 minutes, or until chayote is tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add mild green chilis and chayote.
5. Top each tortilla with chayote filling and cheese.
Mango Avocado Salad
1 avocado, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
2 green onions, diced
1. Combine mango, avocado, tomato, and green onion.
2. Squeeze lime juice onto salad.
3. Top with cilantro.