Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemon and Sesame Roasted Asparagus

Asparagus is in season. My husband loves the taste of asparagus without too much added, but I prefer it bursting with extra flavor. This was not his favorite recipe; I thought it was some of the best asparagus I've ever had. If you're looking for asparagus with a tang, this recipe is for you.

I served this with macaroni and cheese. I'm still searching for the perfect mac and cheese recipe. When I find it, I'll make sure to share.


Lemon and Sesame Roasted Asparagus
Serves 2

1 bunch of asparagus, stems trimmed
1 lemon
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper

1. Roast asparagus by itself at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, juice lemon and add to sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Remove asparagus from oven. Immediately add lemon juice mixture to asparagus and toss to combine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Printer Friendly