This goes great with a fruity peach margarita. Using frozen peaches makes it easy to make these drinks while the tostadas are in the oven. I don't think these drinks need sugar, but you may want yours a little sweeter. **Warning, I like my margaritas strong!
4 tostadas, available in most stores near the taco shells
1 small store bought rotisserie chicken
1 small tomato, diced
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Some fresh cilantro
Salt and red pepper to taste
Refried black beans and rice (for serving)
1. Shred part of the rotisserie chicken using a fork. (For ideas on using the rest of it, click here.
2. Top each tostada with cheese and chicken. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes.
3. Make pico de gallo salsa. Combine tomatoes, juice of one lime, salt, and cilantro.
4. Remove tostadas from oven. Top with pico de gallo and avocado. Serve with refried black beans and rice.
Makes 1 pitcher
1 cup fresh or frozen peaches
1/2 cup tequilla
1/2 cup triple sec
Juice from 2 limes
1. Put peaches in blender. Fill rest of blender up with ice.
2. Add other ingredients and puree at highest setting.