Penne with Vodka Sauce
2 cups penne pasta
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 of a white onion, diced
1/2 cup vodka
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onion in butter over medium heat, about 10 minutes, until translucent.
2. Add vodka and cook about 10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
4. Blend tomato sauce in blender until smooth. Return to pot.
5. Slowly stir in half and half and cook over medium heat another 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook penne according to package directions.
7. Remove sauce from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
8. Stir vodka sauce into penne and top with Parmesan cheese.
|I served the penne with roasted vegetables.|