I recently posted a recipe for Three Pea and Apple Salad. I have extras of all three types of peas, but no more apples, so I decided to make a cold potato and pea salad.
Colorful Potatoes and Three Pea Salad
1 cup fresh English peas
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup snow peas
1 pound multicolored potatoes
1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add three types of peas to boiling water for 3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add ice to large bowl of water. After peas have been cooking for 3 minutes, using slotted spoon immediately drain and shock peas in ice water bath. (Reserve boiling water.) Leave peas in ice water as you prepare the rest of the salad.
4. Cut potatoes into wedges. Add to pot of boiling water.
5. Cook potatoes about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
6. Toss together peas, potatoes, goat cheese, green onions, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.