I've been seeing quinoa everywhere in foodie blogs and magazines lately. It's an easy to cook grain that is packed with protein and fiber, making it perfect for a vegetarian meal. I decided to make this quinoa with roasted cherry tomatoes that are literally bursting with flavor. I served this Roasted Tomato Quinoa with sauteed haricot verts.
Roasted Tomato Quinoa
1 cup quinoa (I used Organic Tricolored Quinoa from Trader Joe's)
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh chives, chopped
Salt and pepper
1. Toss tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast tomatoes in pan with sides at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until they burst.
2. Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa and cook, covered, over low heat for 15 minutes.
3. When tomatoes are done, they will have burst and the tomato juice has cooked with the olive oil. Toss together quinoa with roasted tomatoes and the juices in the pan.
4. Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
5. Top with fresh parsley and chives and serve.