I picked up round zucchinis at the Logan Square Farmer's Market and made this delicious pizza stuffed zucchini. The flavors of oregano, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce come together to make this dish taste just like pizza.
Pizza Stuffed Zucchini
2 round zucchinis (you can also use large regular zucchinis)
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper
1. Cut top off zucchinis using small knife.
2. With spoon, scoop out inside of zucchinis.
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add scooped out zucchini and saute about 10 minutes. When zucchini is beginning to soften, add red onion and green pepper and saute 5 minutes more.
4. Remove vegetable mixture to mixing bowl. Add marinara sauce, about half the mozzarella and Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Scoop mixture into each zucchini round. Top with reserved cheese and more pepper.
6. Bake at 375 degrees about 20 minutes.