1/4 of an onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons coco power
1/2 teaspoon cinamon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper
1. Boil 1 cup of water.
2. Cover ancho chilies with boiling water and let stand about 15 minutes.
3. Remove chilies from water with tonges. Remove stems and seeds from chilies and dice.
4. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic and chilies and saute about 2 minutes longer.
5. Add 1 cup broth, raisins, sugar, coco powder, cinnamon, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and carefully pour mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth.
7. Pass mixture through a sieve to remove any unblended bits of chilies. Return to pot.
8. Simmer until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Pour over desired dish, such as cheese enchiladas. Top with cilantro.
Easy Cheese Enchiladas
8 flour tortillas
8 ounces queso fresco
1. Shred cheese.
2. Place 1/8 of cheese in center of tortilla, wrap tortilla around cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
3. Place tortillas in pan and cook at 350 degrees until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
4. Serve topped with raisin mole.
Grape Tomato and Avocado Salad
2 avocados, diced
1 package grape tomatoes, cut in half
Juice of one lime
2 green onions, diced
1. Combine all ingredients and serve immediately.